When it comes to the holidays, there are many things we look forward to.
Family. PTO. Delicious food. Christmas lights. Pies. Giving gifts. Friends. And… holiday movies that have taken over your network TV and Netflix queue.
There is something almost nostalgic about curling up with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoying a holiday movie with your family or even by yourself.
I am thankful to have some time off from work during Christmas and New Year’s. During this time, I typically choose to indulge in as many movies as possible.
Anyone with chronic illness or pain would tell you that movies are a refuge. It takes us away from the pain and helps our mind to focus on something else. This is why I love movies so much – I can turn my brain off for a couple hours and not think about why immune system sucks or which leg hurts more than the other.
A good movie is a vacation for the mind.
Without further ado, here are my top 5 most favorite holiday movies! Please feel free to leave a comment below with your favorites.
Mara’s Top 5 Favorite Holiday Films
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Truth be told, they do not make them like this anymore! This film is an absolute CLASSIC. I love everything about it. Good ‘ol George Bailey.
- The Family Stone – This movie is packed with so many wonderful actors. I love watching the heavy amount of dysfunction and love.
- Frozen – Technically, it’s not a “Christmas/Holiday” film, but it IS winter-ish. If you haven’t seen this movie yet, please climb out from under your rock. Hi, it’s Disney calling… go get this movie!
- Just Friends – Seriously, why is this movie not on Netflix yet? It’s hilarious! Classic story of the nerd trying to get the pretty girl and a bumpy ride along the way. Plus, who doesn’t want to stare at Ryan Reynolds for over an hour?
- Elf – Duh! Will Ferrell, tights, New York City, talking puppets, Zooey Deschanel. Obviously, this one is worth repeating over and over and over! If you don’t know the lines by heart, you clearly haven’t seen it enough.
God bless you all this Christmas and Holiday season! Cherish the memories and enjoy each moment.
Leave a comment below with your holiday favorite movie. Don’t forget to check your local theater listings for old classic Christmas movies.
Copyright © 2015 WordsByMara – A subsidiary of Wordiate Solutions LLC. All rights reserved.